Glimpse at the most masterly senior artists

Addy Havens multimedia painting of her struggles with ADHD (BluePrints/ Kennedy Ogden).

Each year a class of students moves into GHS and one moves out. In those classes, we have students with a variety of talents and skills ranging from athletics to vocal performance. In their short four-year term, we do not always get to experience their perfected skills. Preview the lives of some of the many students with unscathed creative talents that we do not get to see every day.

Addy Havens

Havens piece about her journey with ADHD (Blueprints/Kenedy Ogden).

Havens’ experience with art has been a life long journey, she began working as a child with her artistic talent but blossomed in middle school. Havens’ favorite arrangement is her multimedia drawing, collage made to represent her concentration. This exposition is “based on [her] experience with ADHD and how [she] thinks” it’s also intended to bring awareness to a topic that is often characterized as taboo. Havens aims to attend The University of Cincinnati majoring in fine arts in the DAPP program.

Abigail Twadell

Abigail Twadells relief print of “The Great Wave” (Photo Courtesy of Abigail Twadell).

For Abigail, the art and craft of drawing have always been a childhood tradition between her and her father. Twadell’s most personal composition is a reinterpretation of “The Great Wave.” It’s in the style of a relief print. The dynamism if this piece resembles Twadell’s consistent struggle with mental illness. She is planning to attend the University of Cincinnati and was accepted into the DAPP program for fashion design.

Hadley Golomb

Golomb’s interpretation of a close friend Conor Smith (Blueprints/ Kennedy Ogden).

Animal activist, Hadley Golomb has always had a passion and talent for fine arts. Her most fond and earliest memories consist of her experimenting with her artistic skills. Golomb has recently incorporated her love for the animal kingdom with her love for the arts. Last year she did an intricate acrylic painting of “The Great Bustard.” “I’m very proud of a painting I did last year of a rare bird,” said Golomb. Her purpose for this arrangement was to bring awareness to the critically endangered species. She plans to turn her passion more toward animals at UC Blue Ash to be a Vet Tech.

Clara Smith

Clara Smith’s favorite everyday look she created (Photo courtesy of Clara Smith).

Smith’s experience with fashion design also started when she was young. She began working with a thread and needle as her medium with her grandmother. As time progressed Smith and her grandmother began to make clothing for her Barbie dolls, and they even created their own stuffed animals. Smith knew that she was meant for this trade after watching the film “Funny Face,” the costumes crafted by Givenchy kindled a forever love for fashion. “I’ve kind of been in love with fashion ever since,” professed Smith. She has also curated many of her formal dresses and everyday clothing. Smith foresees a future in fashion design after her graduation.

Donate to Blue Ace Media
$350
$650
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Granville High School. Your contribution will allow us to pay for our annual website hosting costs.