Working Students

A lot of students are looking for job experience and ways to make money and most students tend to work at restaurants as a host or in the kitchen. 

Roosters is a very popular place to work.

“I like working at Roosters because you make a lot of new friends and it is very convenient for high school students because you can make your own schedule,” senior Dylan Andrews said.

Some students travel to Easton or Polaris because of the wide variety of places to work there. 

“I really loved my job for the time I worked there so the drive honestly didn’t feel very long because I was always excited to go in,” senior Riley Miller said.

There have been many restaurants in downtown Granville recently that have shut down. There were many students that worked at Donatos and the shutdown was definitely a surprise and devastating. There have also been a lot of businesses moving locations, such as Mai Chau and Whit’s.

“The move down the street was a big process but I believe it will do well as the new environment has become new and people are excited to see it,” junior Reagen Ruli said.

Some students are able to balance working two jobs.

“Working two jobs during junior year was definitely a struggle,” Ruli said. “Trying to match two different work schedules as well as balancing school and a social life became difficult but I was able to manage it”  

Having a job can be very busy and stressful but is definitely a great way to make connections with people and learn social skills and life lessons and make some money!

“Having a job is a good way to make money and friends and be responsible for your own schedule,” Andrews said.