The Granville student section cheers on the football team at the first home game. Students were reacting to a play. "We are one of the best student sections I've seen" Principal Scott Hinton said
The Granville student section cheers on the football team at the first home game. Students were reacting to a play. “We are one of the best student sections I’ve seen” Principal Scott Hinton said
MacKenzie BeVier
Categories:

Aces pack the deck

The Granville student section also known as the deck is run by Cora Tackett, Grace Wasko, and Matt Rosen and makes fun themes that people look forward to all week.

The main job of the student section is to cheer on the football team, marching band, and cheerleaders. 

“It makes me glad to see a lot of students from the school out supporting football,” William Bukuala said.

The excitement and energy that the student section brings to games uplifts the marching band and football team and truly makes the game more enjoyable.

“Usually they really bring the energy that makes it fun to play! Especially in the last few years, it feels like there’s a better connection and more camaraderie between us which has been really exciting! I feel like the football team, cheerleaders, marching band, and student section have been getting along and supporting each other really well” Morgan Deafenbaugh said

Though the deck can be a fun Friday night activity, it starts with some problems with the room for students to sit.

“I wish you guys would have more room so you were not so crammed,” Principal Scott Hinton said

The student section is a fun activity at the end of the week that any student can attend to support the school.

Granville had an excellent student section that brought an exciting end to the week. It encourages the athletes on the field, the band students playing, and the cheerleaders showing their support. With only a special issue the deck leads the football season making it more enjoyable.

$0
$700