Categories:

Softball Update

Softball Update

HUNTER BROWN (’16)

Coming off of a state championship, the softball team has been searching for a repeat. The team has faced some adversity this season, and has a young team. With only two seniors on the team, the underclassmen have had to step up and play a major role on the varsity team.

The women’ softball teamĀ is having a promising season with a current record of 13-4, and a 7-2 record within their league. The losses in their league were to Watkins Memorial High School, and Lakewood High School. Last year, Granville beat Lakewood in the state finals, and the team was definitely in search for revenge this year. The softball team will play them again on Friday April 29th.

Payton Brownlee, a junior who came to Granville High School in the second semester said, “So far we have had a good season. We definitely should have a better record than what we have now, but I am confident that we will really find our groove toward the end of the season leading into the playoffs. And we are not worried at all about Lakewood.” Brownlee is the 2ndĀ hitter for the Granville Blue Aces, and has earned her spot rightfully so.

As the season goes on, the team continues to improve, and find talent in many of their young athletes. The softball team is interesting to watch, and its highly recommended that you visit their game when they play Lakewood. Go Blue.

$350
$650