Categories:

Mr. Evans: The man, the legend, the story

Mr. Evans keeps his students on track. PHOTO BY TREVOR STEYN

BY TREVOR STEYN (’15)

Most new teachers come from somewhere nearby and others from further away, but none further than Mr. Nate Evans.

He was born and raised in Soldotna, Alaska, a group of islands in the southern part of the state. Evans attended college at the University of Alaska for a year before he left to attend Butte College in Northern California to play football with his best friend.

After starting as an outside linebacker at the D2 College for a year, Evans returned to Alaska to continue his education, where he received his bachelor’s degree in Psychology.

He soon began a job as an interventionist, or also known as a special education teacher. This is where he found his true calling. He went back to the University of Alaska to receive his master’s in Special Education.

Later on in his life, he moved to Pennsylvania to marry his current wife.

“It was really hard moving to California and then to Pennsylvania,” Evans said. “I really didn’t feel like I fit in. It was a different environment.”

Deciding they wanted to be closer to his wife’s family, Evans and his family moved to Columbus, and he searched for school where he could teach.

“I love teaching here along with the student interaction,” Evans said. “Second, I love the athletics and hopefully I can coach here once I get settled in. Finally, I love the great community that this town has.”

Evans has come from a very exciting past; however, he brings even more excitement to his future here at Granville High School.

Donate to Blue Ace Media
$350
$650
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Granville High School. Your contribution will allow us to pay for our annual website hosting costs.