Categories:

Gilsdorf and husband expecting first child

PHOTO COURTESY OF MRS. GILSDORF
PHOTO COURTESY OF MRS. GILSDORF

BY ADRIONA MURPHY (’15)

These past couple months have been a whirl wind for high school counselor, Amber Gilsdorf. Along with the expected rush of college applications, scholarships and student meetings, something else very exciting came into her life; she’s expecting a baby!

The gender of the baby is still under wraps.

“We’re keeping it a surprise. We won’t know the gender until he or she is born!” said Gilsdorf.

In addition to all the normal stress of pregnancy, for the past two month she’s been sick.

“It started with the upper respiratory sickness that everyone was coming down with,” Gilsdorf said. “Eventually it just turned into laryngitis.”

Since she had the strain that affected her larynx (the box around your vocal cords), she was without a voice for 10 days.

“It was like having a phantom limb,” Gilsdorf said. “I knew what I wanted to say, it was all in my head, but it just wasn’t there, I couldn’t say it! Besides finding out I was pregnant, it was the most surreal experience of my life.”

Thankfully, she’s feeling significantly better.

Editor’s note: From the entire BluePrints staff, we’d like to send out a big congratulations to both Mrs. Gilsdorf and her husband on their wonderful news!

Donate to Blue Ace Media
$350
$650
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Granville High School. Your contribution will allow us to pay for our annual website hosting costs.