Sports recap: Jan. 18-Feb. 3

A look back on most recent athletics results
Sports recap: Jan. 18-Feb. 3

Last week, the Blue Aces as a whole had a stretch to remember. From taking home the win on Sunday at the Girl’s 4x800m Relay, to the Girls Basketball team winning the LCL Title for the 4th consecutive season, Granville was winning everywhere.

Swimming

The girls team won the LCL Championship on Saturday, while the boys were runners-up. Additionally, Lydia Sturgeon was awarded 2024 Licking County League Swimmer of the Year Award.

Indoor Track & Field

Beginning with the Girl’s Track & Field team, senior Kara Bergeron took home the Girls 3200m Run at Capital University on Sunday, Jan. 28.

Boys Basketball

The Boys Basketball team beat Utica at home, 67-20 on Monday, Jan. 30. The win was their biggest of the 2023-2024 season by margin of points.

After this, they beat Licking Heights at home, 50-47, in overtime. It was one of the toughest wins of the season for the Blue Aces, as they has previously lost to Licking Heights earlier in the season at Licking Heights High School, 66-48; their biggest loss of the season at the time. The Hornets were the #1 seed in the LCL heading into the matchup.

Girls Basketball

Then, the Girls Basketball team also beat Utica, this time on January 31st; they won 68-26 at Utica High School. It was one of their largest wins of the season by point total.

Following the Boys Basketball team’s huge win over the Hornets, the Girls Basketball team followed up by beating the Hornets at Licking Heights high school, 61-40. The win was the girls’ second consecutive win over Licking Heights this season, following their previous victory over the Hornets on January 5th, where they won 60-42 at home.

All teams look forward to the next week of their seasons as most sports are wrapping up the regular season and preparing for the playoffs.