Sports recap: Feb. 4-10

Glance on most recent athletics results
Sports recap: Feb. 4-10

Over the stretch of last week, the Blue Aces continued to add victories across various sports. Despite having to travel quite often during this week, Granville battled it out in every game.

Boys Basketball

On Tuesday, 2/6, the boys Basketball team headed to Northridge to play the Vikings. The Blue Aces fell just short, 52-47. Granville’s record would change to 12-7, while Northridge’s record would change to 14-4.

Following Tuesday’s game, The Aces would head to Licking Valley High School on Friday, 2/9 to take on the rival Panthers. The Aces would come close to victory once again, only losing 65-59. The loss put the record between Granville and Licking Valley at 1-1 for the 2023-2024 season.

Girls Basketball

On 2/5, the girls played Zanesville at Zanesville High School. The Aces took the victory home, 59-32, beating the Blue Devils for the second time this season. Their record would improve to 17-1.

Following their first win of the week, the girls matched up against the Northridge Vikings on 2/7. The Blue Aces yet again took home the victory, winning 72-35. This win put the season record for the girls at 18-1.

Finally, to end off the week, the girls took on rival Licking Valley at home on 2/10. The girls would win yet again, 56-37. The win marked the 2nd victory over the Panthers this season for the Blue Aces, and improved their record to 19-1, knocking on the door of a 4th consecutive 20-win season.

While most sports are wrapping up the regular season, these last few weeks can be crucial to preparing for the playoffs for each team.