Opinion: Students need to have more school spirit

Alayna Kale, Ella Kunar, Sadie Landry, Lorie Hord and Abby Weinberg pose for a picture on dress like Adam Sandler day. The seniors are currently leading the point tally in the number students participating each day of Spirit Week.

Lydia Priano

Leading up to Homecoming this weekend, students have to opportunity to dress up each day of this week as a different theme to show school spirit. Although there are a lot of students who are dressing up, there is a good number who are not.

Students should show more school spirit by attending or participating in events at the school so that they can create a fun environment for everyone.

Some people do not like to take part in the things the school does to show that they have school spirit, for example, Spirit Week, because they either just don’t care or are embarrassed.

Students should want to dress up for Spirit Week and participate in events such as cheering from the student section because it is a compelling way to support the school and show unification. It also is shown to improve students’ attitudes because they are doing something that is amusing.

This poll has ended.

How many days did you participate in Homecoming Spirit Week?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Every once in a while it’s exciting to go do something entertaining with other classmates. Attending things like pep rallies or partaking in spirit week at school can help students to have fun, create positive attitudes and it can boost their moods. Students supporting sporting, drama or music events can also help make the players/performers do their best.

Students should try and show more school spirit by attending sporting events, dressing up and cheering with the student section, going to drama and music events, attending school dances, participating in spirit week, and going to pep rallies.