London STEM Trip: What you need to know

Izzy Lauffer, photo editor

Mr. Minton will be leading a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) trip abroad in the Spring of 2024 to both London and Paris.

“Being an Algebra teacher and STEM advocate, this trip is right up my alley,” Minton said.
Students will participate in an Interactive Forensics C.S.I Workshop, immediately followed by a guided Jack the Ripper tour which follows in the footsteps of the 19th-century serial killer.
Students will see traditional sites in and around London including the London Bridge, Big Ben, the Tower of London, the National Museum of Computing, the London Eye, Stonehenge, Bletchley Park and a Boat Cruise on the Thames River. Those enrolled on the trip will also be taking a high-speed train for a 2-day trip extension in Paris.
“I’m very excited to visit Bletchley Park, which is an English estate that is well known for being the primary location of where the Allied forces code breakers worked to help put an end to World War II,” Minton said. “We will get to participate in a hands-on code-breaking workshop at Bletchley Park! I’m also really looking forward to going on the nighttime Jack the Ripper (England’s most notorious serial killer) guided walking tour.”
This isn’t Mr. Minton’s first EF trip as he has chaperoned two previous trips, which inspired him to guide this one.

“I’ve traveled with Mr. Fisher on EF tours as a chaperone in 2015 and 2017 and I’ve always wanted to lead my own trip,” Minton said.
The trip is tentatively scheduled for Spring Break, from Mar. 23-Apr. 2nd, 2024. It will cost a student $4769, including the total airfare, all hotel rooms, breakfast and dinner, and other miscellaneous costs. The only extra charges will come from buying lunch and souvenirs.
Mr. Minton recommends students stop by his classroom if they’re looking for more information, or you can contact him at [email protected]. He has details and a recorded copy of the original presentation with all the trip info. Spots for the trip remain limited as 22 students have already signed up for the London/France adventure.