Announcements
  • April 15State testing this week 4/16-17 and the following week 4/23-30
  • April 15Prom 2024 on April 20th
  • March 20SENIORS: Email Mrs. Simmons a baby picture of yourself for Senior Night on May 21st!!
  • March 8CTEC Senior Career Awareness Event
  • February 20Senior Awards Night is May 21 at 7pm, Senior service day is May 20th, Graduation Rehearsal is May 23rd, and actual Graduation is May 26!
  • February 20Mount Vernon Nazarene University is hosting a academic camp June 17-21
The Student Voice of Granville High School

Blue Ace Media

Blue Ace Media

Blue Ace Media

Created by Sophia Sturiano
Top 5 phantom foods
April 19, 2024

Staffing changes

New teachers bring new ideas and perspectives to Granville
Mr.+Patterson+helps+his+students+with+their+activity+during+his+IAP+class.+
Maggie McCarthy
Mr. Patterson helps his students with their activity during his IAP class.

Granville High School is feeling the absence of many teachers who previously worked here while simultaneously welcoming new teachers with great ideas.

Students may miss the loud laughs coming from Mrs. Allen’s class, the incredible school spirit that Mrs. Worrall somehow always had, or the helping hand of Mrs. Hanby. After last year, they all decided to move on to other jobs in order to start a new chapter in their lives. 

“They left in the best possible way they could,” says the Principal Mr. Hinton. “I’m very grateful to everyone of how well they transitioned to help the new people come in.”

The new teachers have come in with fresh ideas and new perspectives that have already helped the school grow. Specifically, Mr. Patterson, who teaches IAP and Algebra 1, has brought a new style of teaching to the math department that has started interesting conversations. He previously worked at New Albany High School but after deciding that it was time to make a change, he started to think about the intriguing offer of working at Granville.

“It’s everything I expected,” says the new math teacher Mr. Patterson. “it feels smaller and has more of a community vibe. Its obvious the kids have known each other their whole lives and it has been great getting to know them.”

Similarly to Mr. Patterson, Mrs. Beach has come in as a new Assistant Principal, already making her presence known. She previously worked at Mount Vernon Middle School for 17 years. For her, a change was needed in her life and she really enjoyed the school when she saw the school and arts facilities at last year’s OMEA contest. 

“I’m really loving it,” says Mrs. Beach. “I’m looking forward to getting to know the culture and community better.”

Another notable staffing change this year was the establishment of Mr. Schroeder as a High School teacher. He is very well known considering his past years as a middle school teacher and his coaching job as the High School Football head coach. With the change, he has brought familiarity and comfort to many students as they have already had him. 

“It’s a very good atmosphere,” says Mr. Schroeder. “It’s been really good so far and the kids work really hard and are really respectful.”

It is always a big adjustment when a big change happens in your life but these new teachers are taking it all in stride. So if you see any of these new faces in the hallway make sure to wave or introduce yourself!

“They’re all hard workers,” says My. Hinton. “Exactly how I felt and how I thought about them and how they would perform in their job based off the interview process, is exactly how they are performing.”