Announcements
  • April 15State testing this week 4/16-17 and the following week 4/23-30
  • April 15Prom 2024 on April 20th
  • March 20SENIORS: Email Mrs. Simmons a baby picture of yourself for Senior Night on May 21st!!
  • March 8CTEC Senior Career Awareness Event
  • February 20Senior Awards Night is May 21 at 7pm, Senior service day is May 20th, Graduation Rehearsal is May 23rd, and actual Graduation is May 26!
  • February 20Mount Vernon Nazarene University is hosting a academic camp June 17-21
The Student Voice of Granville High School

Blue Ace Media

Blue Ace Media

Blue Ace Media

Annarino’s forever legacy

History coming to a close

Harper Annarino is arguably one of the greatest athletes to ever walk the halls of Granville High School. The legacy she has already left will forever be remembered by her peers and opponents.

After 13 years of dedication and passion, Annarino will be playing Division I Women’s Basketball at the University of Charleston in W.Va. She played all four years in her high school career on the Varsity Girl’s team.

Annarino has been playing basketball for 13 years, and “gained recruitment exposure through playing AAU basketball.” Her coaches also were “reaching out to other coaches and sending film of her,” which helped her attract more eyes from the next level.

She set countless records, both Granville and LCL, during her time as a Blue Ace. She recently was awarded LCL Player of the Year, and was recognized for scoring over the 1,000 point mark in her career as a Blue Ace.

Some people may argue Annarino’s teammates boosted her game more than her skill, but her stats say otherwise.

Harper often attributes her teammates as a large part of her reasons he has been successful, saying that her coaches “have not only taught her how to be a leader, but how to be a better person.”

Annarino is also recognized for her dominance in the interior, especially her post game. Recently, last season, she sunk a game-winning hook shot to send her team a game further in one of their historic playoff runs, arguably their most prolific. She and her teammates have many moments to remember over the years from their games.

Annarino and her team will be remembered forever in Granville basketball history, as her team is the winningest girls basketball team in the school’s history over a four-year stretch.

View Comments (1)
$350
$650