Announcements
  • April 15State testing this week 4/16-17 and the following week 4/23-30
  • April 15Prom 2024 on April 20th
  • March 20SENIORS: Email Mrs. Simmons a baby picture of yourself for Senior Night on May 21st!!
  • March 8CTEC Senior Career Awareness Event
  • February 20Senior Awards Night is May 21 at 7pm, Senior service day is May 20th, Graduation Rehearsal is May 23rd, and actual Graduation is May 26!
  • February 20Mount Vernon Nazarene University is hosting a academic camp June 17-21
The Student Voice of Granville High School

Blue Ace Media

Blue Ace Media

Blue Ace Media

Top 10 Granville lacrosse rivalries

Boys and Girls match-ups that always cause a clash
Argyle Photography

Throughout the history of Granville athletics, boys and girls, many deeply historic and chippy rivalries have been formed. To this day, especially in lacrosse, many of these rivalries are still active and always make for a good matchup to watch. Ranked below numbered 5 – 1 are the top five rivalries, boys and girls separately, in Granville lacrosse.

Boys Lacrosse Rivalries (Ranked 5 – 1)
#5: Saint Charles
#5: Saint Charles

A detailed and nail-biting rivalry, the Cardinals have always given the Blue Aces challenges. In the last matchup, Saint Charles beat Granville at home, 11-10, in their first game of the season. The Aces will look for revenge this season when they yet again face the Cardinals, this time at Saint Charles High School, on April 29.

#4: Columbus Academy
#4: Columbus Academy

In what is always a controversial and chippy game when the two teams play one another, the Columbus Academy Vikings have been a top game on the Blue Aces schedule for many years. The Blue Aces won the last matchup, 11-7, at Walter J. Hodges Stadium at Granville High School. The Blue Aces look forward to the next rivalry game between them and Columbus Academy, on April 17.

#3: Bishop Watterson
#3: Bishop Watterson

Arguably the most chippy rivalry on this list, the Bishop Watterson Eagles do not typically get along with the Blue Aces. Bishop Watterson won the most recent rivalry game, 12-9, knocking Granville out of the playoffs after they had previously beaten them in the same season 11-8. Both games were at Walter J. Hodges Stadium at Granville High School, and the Blue Aces are looking forward to redeeming themselves versus the Eagles this season on April 22.

#2: St. Francis DeSales
#2: St. Francis DeSales

One of the most detailed rivalries Granville has across all sports, the St. Francis DeSales Stallions have been a brutal battle for Granville for decades. The Stallions won the last game between the two rivals, 10-7, at Walter J. Hodges Stadium at Granville High School. The Blue Aces look to beat the Stallions for the first time since 2009 on April 11.

#1: New Albany
#1: New Albany

Arguably the most detailed rivalry Granville has across all sports, the New Albany Eagles have been the top arch-nemesis for Granville for decades on end. The Blue Aces won the most recent game in the historic rivalry, 9-3, at Walter J. Hodges Stadium at Granville High School. Granville looks to beat the Eagles for the second year in a row on May 9.

Girls Lacrosse Rivalries (Ranked 5 – 1)
#5: Bishop Watterson
#5: Bishop Watterson

One of the most chippy rivalries Granville has across all sports, boys and girls, the Bishop Watterson Eagles have been a tough battle for Granville for many years. The Eagles won the most recent game in the rivalry on April 13, 2023, by a score of 13-12, at Bishop Watterson High School. The Blue Aces look for revenge against the Eagles this upcoming season.

#4: CSG (Columbus School for Girls)
#4: CSG (Columbus School for Girls)

One of the more controversial yet tough rivalries the Granville girls team has, the Columbus School for Girls (CSG) Unicorns have clashed with the Blue Aces for many years on end. Granville won the most recent game in the rivalry, 13-12, at the Columbus School for Girls. The Blue Aces look to repeat their success against the Unicorns when they face off yet again on April 24.

#3: St. Francis DeSales
#3: St. Francis DeSales

One of the more detailed rivalries on this list and across all Granville sports, the St. Francis DeSales Stallions have gone back and forth with the Blue Aces for decades. Granville won the most recent game in the rivalry in a nail-biter, 12-11, at Walter J. Hodges Stadium at Granville High School. The Blue Aces look to add onto their success against the Stallions when they go to battle again on April 4.

#2: Bexley
#2: Bexley

In what is considered one of the most chippy and dirty rivalries the Granville girls team has, the Bexley Lions have scuffed with the Blue Aces for years upon years. The Lions won the most recent game in the rivalry series, 10-8, at Walter J. Hodges Stadium at Granville High School, after losing to the Granville girls that same season on April 25, by a score of 12-6. The most recent game result knocked Granville out of the playoffs. The Blue Aces seek for revenge against Bexley when they face off again in another battle on April 18.

#1: Columbus Academy
#1: Columbus Academy

In what the Granville Girls lacrosse team considers their biggest rival, the Columbus Academy Vikings have been one of the most chippy and controversial teams Granville has faced across all sports, boys and girls included. The Blue Aces won the last rivalry game, 13-10, at Walter J. Hodges Stadium at Granville High School. The Blue Aces look to build upon their last victory over the Vikings on April 15.