Girls Soccer Update

Girls Soccer Update

BY KEEGAN VANMETER (’19)

The Girls Soccer team has a history of success throughout the modern era.  In 2015 they made a State Championship appearance, and nearly took home the title. This year the girls are on route to the state title again. According to Natalie Pireu the girls record is 15 wins, 2 ties and 3 losses.

These great statistics are being seen by all, as they are ranked 43rd in the state and 329th in the nation according to MaxPreps.

Overall Pireu feels that  “we have been playing very well throughout the entire season, beating teams like Westerville North and Notre Dame Academy, which are teams that we do not normally beat”.

However the season has not always been easy. Two of their losses came early in the season as they started off with two losses and a tie, no wins. They soon picked up steam as they headed into league play which they won, without losing a game, going 9-0.

The team has many new faces, as they add multiple Freshman and have a new goalie, Addison Hoover who has been playing well according to Senior exchange student Stina.

According to Pireu, the toughest game so far has been to Pickerington North, which they lost by a score of 2-1.

“We have won many of our games because of the hard work that every player puts on the field. Katie Cox is a great impact in the midfield, helping us score in nearly every game,” junior Lauren Newkirk said.

The girls latest recorded victory was a playoff win vs. Bexley by the score of 7-1.

Every year this team has made it far into the State tournament and are looking to do the same this year. This Saturday is the district finals against Big Walnut, a team that beat the Aces earlier in the year by a score of 1-0.

The girls are hopeful to beat Big Walnut, win the District, and get back to the State Championship game yet again.