Announcements
  • April 15State testing this week 4/16-17 and the following week 4/23-30
  • April 15Prom 2024 on April 20th
  • March 20SENIORS: Email Mrs. Simmons a baby picture of yourself for Senior Night on May 21st!!
  • March 8CTEC Senior Career Awareness Event
  • February 20Senior Awards Night is May 21 at 7pm, Senior service day is May 20th, Graduation Rehearsal is May 23rd, and actual Graduation is May 26!
  • February 20Mount Vernon Nazarene University is hosting a academic camp June 17-21
The Student Voice of Granville High School

Blue Ace Media

Blue Ace Media

Blue Ace Media

Tocheri says goodbye

10 questions with Calculus teacher Janie Tocheri

Calculus teacher Janie Tocheri announced that she is leaving to take an administrative position in Circleville schools.

How long have you worked at Granville?

This is my 8th year, since 2016.

What class do you like the most to teach?

AB Calc because it is the first introduction to calculus.

Do you have a favorite class you’ve ever taught?

Either 5th or 6th period from 2019-2020. It was girl heavy and so it made it really funny.

How many students have you taught AP Calculus to?

I have helped 367 Granville students master AP Calculus. One of them is now the new long-term sub.

What’s the percentage of your students who have passed the AP test?

94% of students

What have you done here at Granville?

I used to coach JV volleyball, I was the sophomore class advisor, I’ve been the Junior class advisor(prom planner as well), and of course Calculus queen.

Where are you headed?

I am going to be the human resources director for Circleville City schools. It entails teacher hiring, managing teacher absences, teacher retention, state and federal compliance, and renewing teacher licenses.

What are you most excited about for your new job?

Working with new teachers who are excited to teach and then getting to call them and offer them the jobs and hear the excitement in their voices.

How often do you eavesdrop on students?

It’s really hard not to eavesdrop on, honestly. You hear a lot and putting context clues together is really interesting.

Do you have a favorite memory?

Probably when Mrs. Allen tripped and fell in her class and yelled loud, I just completely ignored her and continued teaching and then one of her students came over and told me she needed help because she got her pants stuck on the corner of the table.

What do you think you’re going to miss the most?

The students, especially since most of my students are seniors, and I get to know all about senior tag and the special activities they get.